Sunday, February 5, 2012

Best home theater audio cable.


There are many different audio cables but out of all of them including fiber optic HDMI is the most capable. The reason HDMI is the best is because it supports the high bandwidth loss-less audio codecs like Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master audio. Fiber optic cables do not have the required data rates for these high quality audio streams. Another upcoming cable is Display port; an upcoming cable that should start to show up in televisions and high end electronics. Many graphics cards and professional grade monitors now come with display port connectivity.  

22 comments:

  1. This is one thing people forget about when having something that is HD. A cable that will deliver the signal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are the best, i use one with my xbox, and my cable box to connect to my hdtv, it really makes the picture look crisp and clear and the audio is just as stellar

    ReplyDelete
  3. just got an HDMI cable box...sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those gold plated cables really burn a hole in your pocket..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll look into this when I have a need for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah they are expensive, I got one of the cheaper ones and it does the trick for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They never seem long enough

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure know a lot about technology!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fiber not good enough? dang I didn't realize there were cons to fiber

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm gonna need a HDMI cable eventually. Oh technology...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel sad that we're still using analog for my 5.1.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to say that I don't know what the hell you are talking about. Then again, I don't have a home theater to begin with so that might be the cause.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I learn a lot here!! Maybe some day I will know more than my kids (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gonna get my new home theater system soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HDMI is awesome. Better than all the other A/V cables.

    ReplyDelete