Thursday, February 16, 2012

Blizzard Auctioning off old world of warcraft servers



Blizzard is auctioning off some of their servers from "The early days" of world of Warcraft for charity. These servers come with 6gb of ram and all donations were made out to St. Jude Childrens Hospital. Blizzards current sever system consists of over 112.5 terabytes of ram and 75,000 cpu cores as well as over 1.3 petabytes of storage!  I remember when I quit wow I had over 83 days of gameplay (that means 83 days worth of logged in playing time lol) and that was after about a year and a half of playing, impressive right....

25 comments:

  1. I don't see why someone would pay over retail for these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, buy it now and in a few years it could be worth a lot more, if I had extra money sitting around I would look into it for sure.

      Delete
  2. Nice the cash is being donated but yeah I would never waste my money lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think is something special:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is alot of time played too, not sure what many normal folks would do with that much ram.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's good to know the money is going to charity. i hope it helps some families & children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy crap! That's INSANE how big their servers are now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow that is an intense amount of space, those things are huge. i would love to own an old wow server haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol, you can auction off a server?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice, maybe someone can make a private server with it, that doesn't such haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gostei da dica,
    beijos e bom final de semana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Let me know when Valve does the same.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds cool, but I don't want them...

    ReplyDelete
  13. *amazed by the sheer excellence and drooling on my keyboard butnowmyspacedoesntwork*

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd be awesome if I get one of these. It'll probably be a rare collector's item.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A piece of history right here. Like the bricks of a historic building.

    ReplyDelete