Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Antec Earthwatts 430w power supply overview


The Antec earthwatts 430W power supply, as it's name suggests, is a high efficiency 80 + bronze certified unit that is perfect for mid range custom pc's such as the one I'm using this one in. I have not completely finished building my secondary pc but it powered an overclocked AMD Phenom x2 and a Radeon hd 4870 perfectly fine and stayed extremely quiet while doing so. So if your in the market for a high quality powersupply for a custom pc or to replace an existing one check out the Antec earthwatts series power supplies.

29 comments:

  1. I'm in the market for a whole computer. Please profile an awesome cheap one in the near future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a good one, it's important to have a psu with a high efficiency rating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always heard good things about the Earthwatts, and that efficiency certification is one to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Might be useful to know, since I'm getting a PC soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still not quite sure what that is, but I am pretty sure I need one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would surely up the power and make my computer go boom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must have one heck of a computer set-up Baur. You have all the best toys!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baur, what would you recommend is better; True Power or Earthwatts?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to build a PC one day. I used to watch a computer teacher do it. It looked interesting and I like that tech stuff. Good to know and thanks for sharing info about this unit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It must have huge energy consumption...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mine is a bit noisy, but I don't complain :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is it just me or does this thing look bigger than usual?

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks solid...not an area to skimp on

    ReplyDelete
  14. seems a little low in the amount of watts

    ReplyDelete
  15. Something tells me that this is out of my price range. :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the review/rec.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I never thought that the power supply would make much of a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice review yes stays cool

    ReplyDelete
  19. It will definitely be better than all these cheap, 600-watt Codegens. Personally, I buy Chieftecs.

    ReplyDelete