Tuesday, April 24, 2012

CPU coolers for overclocking


First off, the guy ahead of me in the Battlefield 3 competition got banned for disrespecting the server admin so now I'm in second place! Anyway...Even though cpu's are becoming more and more efficient overclocking still causes the cpu to generate way more heat; This require large copper/ aluminum heatsinks to dissipate the heat. The cpu cooler I use is a mid size tower style copper/aluminum heatsink. I usually run my core i7 920 at 3.8ghz and being a 130w cpu this puts out tons of heat usually running at 75C in a stress test and around 60C in games. So if your into overclocking... which only a few of my followers are lol be sure not to cheap out on a cpu cooler.

20 comments:

  1. I have one of those all in one Corsair water cooler blocks. It was so simple to setup, and dropped my temps about 20°F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea those are great very reliable too

      Delete
  2. yep, it's not good being cheap on these things

    ReplyDelete
  3. Currently run a Core 2 Duo E8400 at 3.6 Ghz, using an antec kuhler 620. Keeps the cpu cool and steady while gaming, so don't be a cheap ass when it comes to coolers. What a stupid way to get banned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just have the standard stuff but this is pretty neat, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your computer blows most away, have to keep up with that alien search I suppose haha and second that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This just makes me feel like building my own computer to be honest...
    I need to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on your advance placement mr. overclocking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a rubbish laptop with a hole in it, but i agree with the overheating.. you could fry an egg on the the keyboard of this thing sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fortunately my house is freezing so my computer never overheats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on 2nd place so far and thanks for the info, I had to look up overclocking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the advancing based on a technicality. :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen quite a few water-based cooling ones. Pretty neat, but not very safe if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. get a a Zalman! those are beast CPU fans

    ReplyDelete