Thursday, April 12, 2012

How much RAM do you need?


Many desktop PC's still come with 4gb of ram, is that enough? Well for a normal everyday user yes that is enough but anyone who does any work with demanding applications like games, video or photo editing or anything else you need at least 6Gb. Above is a picture of my computers Ram usage with Battlefield 3 open chewing down loads of ram. If you don't know what ram is just imagine its a library  
that temporarily stores data untill it is needed if you have a bigger library you can hold more data and accommodate more people so to speak. Anyway Ram is very cheap nowadays so if you have any less than 4gb check out newegg, tiger direct or any other great tech site for an easy cheap upgrade.

27 comments:

  1. Yea, I need to upgrade my ram, they're cheap now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is still at 4 but I tend not to play many games on it, so all is good for now I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip! I currently run on 8GB right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you actually want to game, anything less than 8 will be too little in my opinion...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The amount of RAM from this screen grab shames my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Might as well go all out and get a 16gb server... okay, maybe that's slight overkill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought 4gb was enough but opening 25 browser tabs + Dota 2 will use that all up easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have 4gb now
    My next rig will have 8 minimum

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have 4gb and i am ok with that for now

    ReplyDelete
  10. here at work on a p4 w/ 2gb of ram and 3 hdisks and I wait for this pc all the time. Need to get a new one so badly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2 ram, bought 2 more = 4.

    I will buy a new computer with 4 slots and make it 16 gb.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the tips, I noticed that you followed my Money Making gude blog (don't waste my brainpower on hatred) SO I wanted to let you know, I'm following you back. Good blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I stayed on 2,5 GB. And it's not too bad ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. RAM isn't the only thing I need to get around to upgrading with my computer. :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't need a whole lot, just use my comp for blogging, writing, music and cyber stalking. MUA HA HA HA HA

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool post!! Nice blog too!! Keep up the good work!! You are invited to check out or follow my blog anytime!! Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I still have 4 GB, but it's enough for some casual gaming.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm using 8GB and it seems perfectly sufficient.

    Battlefield 3 really isn't fair "real world" usage - it's a memory whore.

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG!!! What to do with my 1 gb ram :D

    ReplyDelete