Saturday, May 12, 2012

First Ivy bridge laptops to appear in a few weeks


The first set of laptops sporting Intel's new Ivy-Bridge Cpus are right around the corner, some are already up for preorder including Asus's G55VW-DS71. While Ivy bridge features a very similar architecture to sandybridge the 22nm die shrink reduced the power consumption and the thermal output of the cpu's allowing for high clock speeds in the desktop and laptop cpus.  Samsung also recently unveiled their new 17" series 7 chronos laptop. Anyone in the market for a new laptop or even a desktop should look for products featuring the third generation core I series cpu's.

17 comments:

  1. Need a new laptop one of these days, will be on the look out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet, looking forward to that

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess my next CPU upgrade is going to be Ivy Bridge, as well as a new laptop for college

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to hide my wallet to prevent myself from preordering one... ah damnit, too late.

    When is the limited edition Jay-z Beyonce "Blue Ivy Bridge" model coming out? Yeah, I know that joke is awful but I used it anyway... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! My sandybridge is already obsolete!? Feels bad man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. their arrival shall be interesting

    ReplyDelete
  7. I probly won't be in the market for a new computer at least for another couple of years... even though my current ones are getting kinda old...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could always do with a new one, but im brassic at the moment till i sell some art. I always wanted a mac, because i heard their good for art.Anything that keeps it cooler is a good thing, you can fry an egg on mine sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I've never even heard of these. I'm going to look into it since my current laptop keeps overheating and acting like it's going to explode at any moment...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will have that in mind when I search for a laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A laptop with a brand new processor and a SSD would make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Technology has really just been growing like crazy lately, if you buy something new, its already outdated within a week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. sweet, sweet silicone goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's awesome designed for me to have a web page, which is beneficial designed for my knowledge. thanks admin

    Also visit my site - chestfatburner.com

    ReplyDelete