Thursday, May 17, 2012

Game overview: Supreme commander 2


Supreme commander 2 is a popular RTS style PC game. The theme of SC2 is mainly futuristic warfare where your main goal is to build up an economy while you balance your energy and mass and  built up your offence. Compared to the original supreme commander SC2 has a much easier learning curve and the battles tend to not be as large but nonetheless they can still get to be pretty large with 8 players and 1000 units per player in the largest game type. Overall I would give sc2 a 8/10 for great gameplay, but the graphics and the economy system are a bit lacking.

16 comments:

  1. I haven't played RTS in a while, but I should get into them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say it looks a lot like starcraft.

    Yup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't played an RTS since broodwar the best RTS of all time. This looks fun though, I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could get into rts games

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this game! The only PC game that I've ever played was Isketch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a shame, I really liked the old style econ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weird how it's a RTS game that shares an acronym with starcraft 2...

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmm, graphics look okay from the screenshot

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to play Total Annihilation on the PC, this looks similar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reminds me of Command and Conquer there was a version of it a few years ago called Red Command. It kept crashing right before i was going to win, the computer equivalent of accidentally on purpose knocking over the game board. The graphics look good though, but it looks like something is getting its ass kicked there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. supreme commander is pretty cool

    ReplyDelete