Sunday, May 13, 2012

Samsung to release first OLED Tv's later this year


The long awaited OLED Televisions are finally starting to show up in the consumer market. Samsung has been a pioneer in this new technology as many of their smartphones feature OLED displays. The advantages of OLED displays over LCD and plasma is first of all much lower power consumption because unlike plasma and LCD in dark scenes the pixels can literally shut off producing a pure crisp black. The visual quality of these new displays is also extremely good, sadly this new technology doesn't come cheap but once the prices come down I can't wait to snag one!

17 comments:

  1. A pure crisp black? Sounds great to me!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah as soon as the prices come down, this will be on my list! Biggest one I can get too!..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its going to take a long time before prices start dropping, I say 2 years maybe

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is nice because the price of the LCD will drop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Samsung is dipping its toes into all of the screen tech markets these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope I can see the picture quality for myself soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how modern TVs are becoming! Soon they will be just projections in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice news, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had to Google OLED, it's going to be a while for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. would be sweet to own one of these

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait for OLEDs to hit the market.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks pretty awesome, can't wait to see one in person.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oled tv's are so pretty in person.. It's one of those you cannot believe it when you see it things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. don't know what it stands for but i should probably get one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aren't t.v's becoming redundant though?. As laptops become more important, and everything gels, we all watch tv on our laptops now, either through youtube or through livestream sites like Project Free Tv, and people want the freedom to move off that prescribed, controlled tv schedule. I think telly will go and well all use laptops, or whatever the next generation of design will be. The producers will have to adapt to us, and our tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. On word: Sweet! (okay that was eight words)

    ReplyDelete